Learn how to allow or block specific programs using Parental Controls in Windows 7.
Allow or Block Specific Programs
- Open the Control Panel in the Start Menu.
- Open Parental Controls in the Control Panel.
Note: If Parental Controls is not available, change View by to Large icons at the top right of the Control Panel.
- Select the user account you want to limit with Parental Control Game Ratings.
- Select Allow and block specific programs.
- Select User can only use the programs I allow.
- Check off the programs that that are allowed to run and then click OK to save the settings. All unchecked programs won’t run.
Note: If a program is not listed, click the Browse button next to Add a program to this list, browse to the program and select it and then check it off.
Still need help? Ask your computer question now.