Backup File Encryption Certificate and Key
- Open the Control Panel from the Start menu.
- Open User Accounts in the Control Panel.
Note: If the User Accounts item is not available, change View by to Large icons at the top right of the Control Panel.
- Select Manage your file encryption certificates in the left column of the User Accounts window.
- Click Next in the Encrypting File System window.
- Select Use this certificate and then click Next.
Note: If you need to select a different certificate, click Select certificate.
- Choose a location to save the backup, give the backup a password, and then click Next.
- Click Next.
- Click Close.