How to Start Windows 7 in Safe Mode.
Safe Mode loads only the necessary services and drivers to run Windows. It’s used to remove malware and fix problems caused by faulty drivers or services.
How do I Start Windows 7 in Safe Mode?
- Restart the computer.
- As soon as the computer starts to boot up start pressing F8 repeatedly until you see the Advanced Boot Options menu.
- Select Safe Mode, Safe Mode with Networking, or Safe Mode with Command Prompt.
What is the difference between Safe Modes?
- Safe Mode: Loads only the necessary services and drivers to start Windows.
- Safe Mode with Networking: Loads necessary services and drivers to start Windows including ones needed for networking capabilities such as Internet access.
- Safe Mode with Command Prompt: Loads necessary services and drivers to start Windows and the ability to run the command prompt for use with troubleshooting problems.
Still need help? Ask your computer question now.