Learn how to change where Internet Explorer saves its cache in Windows 7.
Change IE Cache Location
- Open the Control Panel from the Start menu.
- Open Internet Options in the Control Panel.
Note: If Internet Options is not available, change View by to Large icons at the top right of the Control Panel.
- Click Settings in the Browsing history section of the Internet Properties window.
- Click the Move folder button.
- Browse to and select the new location for Internet Explorer to save the cache and then click OK.
- Click OK in the Temporary Internet Files and History Settings window.
- Click Yes to log the computer off so that Internet Explorer can start using the new cache location.
Still need help? Ask your computer question now.