Learn how to create a new HomeGroup in Windows 7.
A HomeGroup is a new feature of Windows 7 that makes it very easy to share pictures, music, documents, videos, and printers with other trusted computers on your home network.
How do I create a new HomeGroup?
- Open the Control Panel from the Start menu.
- Select HomeGroup in the Control Panel.
Note: If HomeGroup is not available, change View by to Large icons at the top right of the Control Panel.
- Select Create a homegroup.
Note: If you receive a message saying the network location needs to be set to Home before you can create or join a HomeGroup, check out my Change Network Location guide.
- Check off what type of files you want to share and then click Next.
- Write down the password in the yellow box. The password is case sensitive. Other computers will need this password to join the HomeGroup you just created.
Still need help? Ask your computer question now.