Learn how to create your very own custom Windows 7 sound scheme.
- Click the Start Orb and then select Control Panel in the Start Menu.
- Type system sounds in the Control Panel’s search box.
- Click Change system sounds in the search results.
- Pick a sound scheme to start with from the sound scheme drop-down list and then click the Save as button.
- Type the name of the new sound scheme and then click OK to create it.
Customizing your new sound scheme
Now that you’ve created a new sound scheme it’s time to customize it!
Make sure the new custom sound scheme is selected under Sound Scheme. Select an event under Program Events. Choose from any of the original sound scheme’s sounds, or click the Browse button and choose from any of the other schemes or your own .wav sound files.
Still need help? Ask your computer question now.