Learn how to create a system repair disk that is used to boot a broken Windows 7 computer and attempt to recover it or restore your computer from a previous image.
Create a System Repair Disc
- Insert a blank CD/DVD in the disk drive.
- Open the Control Panel from the Start menu.
- Open Backup and Restore in the Control Panel.
Note: If Backup and Restore is not available, change View by to Large icons in the top right of the Control Panel.
- Select Create a system repair disc in the left column of the Backup and Restore window.
- Select the drive the blank CD/DVD is in and then click Create disc.
- When the disk has finished burning click Close in the Using the system repair disc window.
Download a System Repair Disc
If you don’t want to go through the process of creating a system repair disc you can download it below.
Note: You need to download the system repair disc associated with your computer’s architecture (32 or 64-bit). How do I find out if my version of Windows is 32 or 64-bit?
Note: The system repair discs above are in ISO format. Learn how to burn an ISO image in Windows 7.
Still need help? Ask your computer question now.