Learn how to disable a toolbar or extension in Internet Explorer on Windows 7.
Disable IE Toolbar or Extension
- Open the Control Panel from the Start menu.
- Open Internet Options in the Control Panel.
Note: If Internet Options is not available, change View by to Large icons at the top right of the Control Panel.
- Click Settings in the Search section of the Internet Properties window.
- Select Toolbars and Extensions under Add-on Types.
- Select the Toolbar or Extension you want to disable and then click the Disable button at the bottom right of the Manage Add-ons window.
Still need help? Ask your computer question now.