Stop windows from resizing when you drag them to the edges of your screen in Windows 7.
If you drag a window to the side of your screen a feature called Aero Snap will “snap” the window which resizes and repositions it depending on which edge of the screen you drag it to.
Dragging a window to the left or right edge of the screen will cause the window to resize and take up half of that side of the screen. Dragging a window to the top edge will cause the window to maximize and take up the full screen. Shaking a window will cause all other windows to minimize.
Disable Aero Snap
- Click the Start orb and open the Control Panel from the Start menu.
- Type mouse in the search box at the top right of the control panel.
- Click Change how your mouse works under Ease of Access Center in the Control Panel.
- Scroll to the bottom of the window and check Prevent windows from being automatically arranged when moved to the edge of the screen.
- Click OK to save the changes.
Still need help? Ask your computer question now.