Stop Windows 7 from animating buttons, taskbar icons and popup windows, start orb, copy window, and more.
Preventing animation in controls and elements will stop:
- Active buttons from the subtle blue pulsating color
- Glow that follows the mouse in the taskbar icons
- Animations of the taskbar popup windows
- Smooth animation of Start Orb glow
- Animation in the Copy window and others like it
- Animation inside the Start Menu
- And others I haven’t found…
Disabling animating controls and elements basically removes the subtle elegance of Windows 7.
Disable Animating Controls and Elements
- Type adjust perf in the Start Menu’s search box and then press Enter on your keyboard.
- Uncheck Animate controls and elements inside windows
- Click OK to save the changes.
Still need help? Ask your computer question now.