Turn off the glass affect, pulsating buttons, various animations, and more in Windows 7 to increase speed.
Turning off desktop composition will stop:
- Active buttons from the subtle blue pulsating color
- The glass affect in windows
- Glow that follows the mouse in the taskbar icons
- Animations of the taskbar popup windows
- Smooth animation of Start Orb glow
- Animation in the Copy window and others like it
- Animation inside the Start Menu
- And others I haven’t found…
Disabling desktop composition basically removes the subtle elegance of Windows 7.
Disable Desktop Composition
- Type adjust perf in the Start Menu’s search box and then press Enter on your keyboard.
- Uncheck Enable desktop composition.
- Click OK to save the changes.
Still need help? Ask your computer question now.