Learn how to turn off or change the speech recognition sleep system sound in Windows 7.
The Speech Recognition Sleep system sound plays when sleep recognition is set to sleep in Windows 7.
- Type system sounds in the Start Menu’s search box.
- Select Change system sounds in the search results.
- Select Sleep under Windows Speech Recognition under Program Events.
- To disable it: choose none in the drop-down list under Sounds
To change it: choose a different sound in the drop-down list under Sounds or click the Browse button and browse for a sound file from any of the the other sound schemes or of your own.
- Click the OK button to save the changes.
Still need help? Ask your computer question now.