Learn how to turn off or change the Windows logoff system sound in Windows 7.
The Windows Logoff system sound plays when you log off, switch users, shutdown, or restart the computer.
- Type system sounds in the Start Menu’s search box.
- Select Change system sounds in the search results.
- Select Windows Logoff in the Windows section under Program Events.
- To disable it: choose none in the drop-down list under Sounds
To change it: choose a different sound in the drop-down list under Sounds or click the Browse button and browse for a sound file from any of the the other sound schemes or of your own.
- Click the OK button to save the changes.
Still need help? Ask your computer question now.