Learn how to turn off or change the Windows user account control system sound in Windows 7.
The Windows User Account Control system sound plays when the User Account Control (UAC) screen is displayed. The User Account Control screen is when the screen goes dark except for a small window asking for permission when software is being installed or some settings are being changed.
- Type system sounds in the Start Menu’s search box.
- Select Change system sounds in the search results.
- Select Windows User Account Control in the Windows section under Program Events.
- To disable it: choose none in the drop-down list under Sounds
To change it: choose a different sound in the drop-down list under Sounds or click the Browse button and browse for a sound file from any of the the other sound schemes or of your own.
- Click the OK button to save the changes.
Still need help? Ask your computer question now.