Learn how to disable Password Protected Sharing in Windows 7.
When password protected sharing is on, only people who have the same user account and password on a networked computer as the computer with the shared files or who know the user name and password of the user sharing the files can access them.
Disable Password Protected Sharing in Windows 7
- Open Control Panel in the Start Menu.
- Open Network and Sharing Center in the Control Panel.
Note: If Network and Sharing Center is not available, change View by to Large icons at the top right of the Control Panel.
- Select Change advanced sharing settings in the left column of the Network and Sharing Center.
- Expand the network you want to disable password protected sharing on by clicking the down arrow on the right of the profile.
Note: It’s usually the profile labeled current profile.
- Select Turn off password protected sharing and then click Save changes.
Still need help? Ask your computer question now.