Learn how to disable or pause the desktop backgrounds slide show in Windows 7.
Pause the Desktop Background Slide Show
- Open the Control Panel in the Start menu.
- Open Power Options in the Control Panel.
Note: If Power Options is not available, change View by to Large icons at the top right of the Control Panel.
- Click Change plan settings next to the power plan you want to edit.
- Click Change advanced power settings.
- Click Change settings that are currently unavailable to unlock the advanced power settings.
- Set Slide show under Desktop background settings to Paused and then click OK to save the changes.
Still need help? Ask your computer question now.