Learn how to turn off the paging file in Windows 7.
Warning: Disabling the paging file can cause some programs to crash. Although the paging file is not used as much as it has been in the past, some programs still rely on it.
- Type adjust perf in the Start Menu’s search box and then press Enter on your keyboard.
- Select the Advanced tab in the Performance Options window.
- Click Change… in the Virtual memory section.
- Uncheck Automatically manage paging file size for all drives at the top of the Virtual Memory window.
- Select No paging file.
- Click OK to save the changes.
- Restart the computer.
Still need help? Ask your computer question now.