Learn how to set Windows 7 to show icons instead of thumbnails.
Don’t Show Thumbnails
- Open the Control Panel from the Start menu.
- Open Folder Options from the Control Panel.
Note: If Folder Options is not available, change View by to Large icons at the top right of the Control Panel.
- Select the View tab in the Folder Options window.
- Check off Always show icons, never thumbnails in the Advanced settings section of the View tab.
- Click OK to save the changes.
Still need help? Ask your computer question now.