Learn how to enable protected mode in Internet Explorer for Windows 7.
Enable Protected Mode
- Open the Control Panel from the Start menu.
- Open Internet Options in the Control Panel.
Note: If Internet Options is not available, change View by to Large icons at the top right of the Control Panel window.
- Click the Security tab in the Internet Properties window.
- Select the zone you want to enable protected mode in and then check off Enable Protected Mode.
- Click OK to save the changes.
Still need help? Ask your computer question now.