Learn how to enable Public Folder Sharing in Windows 7.
Enable Public Folder Sharing in Windows 7
- Open Control Panel in the Start Menu.
- Open Network and Sharing Center in the Control Panel.
Note: If Network and Sharing Center is not available, change View by to Large icons at the top right of the Control Panel.
- Select Change advanced sharing settings in the left column of the Network and Sharing Center.
- Expand the network you want to enable public folder sharing on by clicking the down arrow on the right of the profile.
Note: It’s usually the profile labeled current profile.
- Select Turn on sharing so anyone with network access can read and write files in the Public folders and then click Save changes.
Still need help? Ask your computer question now.