Learn how to enable USB selective suspending in Windows 7.
- Open the Control Panel from the Start menu.
- Open Power Options in the Control Panel.
Note: If Power Options is not available, change View by to Large icons at the top right of the Control Panel.
- Select Change plan settings next to the power plan you want to edit.
- Select Change advanced power settings.
- Select Change settings that are currently unavailable.
- Set USB selective suspend setting to Enable under USB settings and then click OK to save the changes.
Still need help? Ask your computer question now.