Learn how to encrypt cached files stored on your computer by Offline Files in Windows 7.
Encrypting Offline Files encrypts the cached “offline files” stored on your computer. They are automatically unencrypted when you open them. Encrypting Offline Files doesn’t encrypt the files in the networked location.
Encrypt Offline Files
- Open the Control Panel from the Start menu.
- Open Sync Center in the Control Panel.
Note: If Sync Center is not available, change View by to Large icons at the top right of the Control Panel.
- Click Manage offline files in the left column of the Sync Center window.
- Click the Encryption tab in the Offline Files window.
- Click Encrypt in the Encryption tab of the Offline Files window.
- All done! Click OK to close the Offline Files window.
Still need help? Ask your computer question now.