Learn how to set Windows Defender to not scan certain files or folders in Windows 7.
Exclude Files or Folders
- Open Control Panel from the Start menu.
- Open Windows Defender in the Control Panel.
Note: If Windows Defender is not available, change View by to Large icons at the top right of the Control Panel.
- Select Tools at the top of the Windows Defender window.
- Select Options in the settings section of Windows Defender.
- Select Exclude files and folders.
- Click the Add button.
- Browse to and select the file or folder to exclude Windows Defender from scanning and then click OK.
- Click Save to save the changes.
Still need help? Ask your computer question now.