Learn how to use the Event Viewer in Windows 7 to view system logs.
So you’ve got some funny business going on with your computer and you can’t find out what’s causing the problem. This guide shows you how to use the Event Viewer to check your computer’s logs to hunt down any problems.
How-to Check System Logs in Windows 7
- Open the Control Panel from the Start Menu.
- Open Administrative Tools in the Control Panel.
Note: If Administrative Tools is not available, change View by to Large icons at the top right of the Control Panel.
- Open Event Viewer in the Administrative Tools window.
- Expand Windows Logs and then select System or any of the other logs Windows 7 collects. Double-click one of the logged events in the top center pane of the Event Viewer to see details about the event.
- The Event Properties window shows details about the selected event.
Still need help? Ask your computer question now.