Learn how to connect to an existing HomeGroup in Windows 7.
How do I join a HomeGroup?
- Open the Control Panel from the Start Menu.
- Select HomeGroup in the Control Panel.
Note: If HomeGroup is not available, change View by to Large icons at the top right of the Control Panel.
- Click Join now.
Note: If you receive a message saying the network location needs to be set to Home before you can create or join a HomeGroup, check out my Change Network Location guide.
- Check off what types of files to share with trusted computers on the HomeGroup you’re about to join and then click Next.
- Type the password given when the HomeGroup was created and then click Next.
- Click Finish and you’re done!
Still need help? Ask your computer question now.