Learn how to manually add stored user names and passwords for network locations, certificate-based credentials, and website logons in Windows 7.
Manually Add Stored User Names and Passwords
- Open the Control Panel from the Start Menu.
- Open User Accounts in the Control Panel.
Note: If User Accounts is not available, change View by to Large icons at the top right of the Control Panel.
- Select Manage your credentials at the top of the left column in the User Accounts window.
- Select Add a Windows, certificate-based, or generic credential. Think of Windows credentials as a Windows user name and password, certificate-based credentials as an official certificate, and generic credentials as the logon to a website.
- Fill in the information about the stored credential (user name and password) and then click OK to save it.
Still need help? Ask your computer question now.