Learn how to set a custom paging file size in Windows 7.
- Type adjust perf in the Start Menu’s search box and then press Enter on your keyboard.
- Select the Advanced tab in the Performance Options window.
- Click Change… in the Virtual memory section.
- Uncheck Automatically manage paging file size for all drives at the top of the Virtual Memory window.
- Select Custom size and then give it an initial and maximum paging file size.
- Click OK to save the changes.
- Restart the computer.
Still need help? Ask your computer question now.