Learn how to set a scheduled sync to run only if the computer has been idle for a set amount of time.
Set a Sync to Start If PC Is Idle
In this example, I’ll set a scheduled sync’s advanced settings. Use this guide as a reference to your situation.
- Open the Control Panel from the Start menu.
- Open Sync Center in the Control Panel.
Note: If Sync Center is not available, change View by to Large icons at the top right of the Control Panel.
- Select Offline Files and then click Schedule.
- Check off the sync item(s) you want to schedule and then click Next.
Note: If you already have a sync schedule, click Create a new schedule.
- Select At a scheduled time.
- Click More Options.
- Check off The computer has been idle for at least and then set the number of minutes or hours.
- Click OK to move on to the remaining steps.
Still need help? Ask your computer question now.