Learn how to perform a custom scan for spyware and potentially unwanted software using Windows Defender in Windows 7.
Windows Defender Custom Scan
- Open the Control Panel from the Start menu.
- Open Windows Defender in the Control Panel.
Note: If Windows Defender is not available, change View by to Large icons at the top right of the Control Panel.
- Click the down arrow to the right of Scan at the top of Windows Defender and select Custom Scan.
- Select Scan selected drives and folders and then click Select.
- Browse to the folder(s) you want to scan using the + boxes and check off the folder(s) you want to scan.
- Click Scan Now.
Still need help? Ask your computer question now.