Learn how to stop a program or feature from getting unsolicited internet access using the Windows 7 firewall.
Stop a Program from Gaining Unsolicited Internet Access
- Open Control Panel in the Start menu.
- Open Windows Firewall in the Control Panel.
Note: If Windows Firewall is not available, change View by to Large icons at the top right of the Control Panel.
- Select Allow a program or feature through Windows Firewall in the left column of the Windows Firewall window.
- Click the Change settings button in the Allowed Programs window.
- Uncheck the program or feature and then click OK to save the changes.
Stop an Unlisted Program from Gaining Unsolicited Internet Access
What if the program I want to block using the Windows 7 firewall is not listed?
- Follow the steps above.
- When you get to the last step (above) click the Allow another program button.
- Select the program from the Add a Program list or click Browse to find it and then click Add.
- Uncheck the program and then click OK to save the settings.
Still need help? Ask your computer question now.