Learn how to properly backup the registry in Windows 7.
This guide shows you the right way to back up the Registry in Windows 7 (and windows Vista) by manually creating a system restore point.
Back Up the Registry
- Open the Start menu.
- Right-click Computer and select Properties.
- Select System protection in the left column of the System window.
- Click the Create button in the System Protection tab of the System Properties window.
- Give the manual restore point a name and then click Create.
- When the backup is finished click Close in the System Protection pop-up.
Restore the Registry
To restore this back up of the registry, see my guide on How-to Restore a Computer from a Previous Restore Point.
Still need help? Ask your computer question now.