Learn how to manually rebuild Windows 7’s search index.
Manually Rebuild Windows 7’s Search Index
- Open the Control Panel from the Start menu.
- Open Indexing Options in the Control Panel.
Note: If Indexing Options is not available, change View by to Large icons at the top right of the Control Panel.
- Select the Advanced button in the Indexing Options window.
- Select Rebuild in the Troubleshooting section of the Advanced Options window.
- Select OK when asked if you’re sure you want to re-build the search index.
Still need help? Ask your computer question now.