Learn how to remove a new location indexed by Windows 7’s search engine.
Remove an Indexed Location
In this example, I’m going to remove the C:\Windows folder from the indexed locations. Use this example to remove any folder or drive to Windows 7’s indexed locations.
- Open the Control Panel from the Start menu.
- Open Indexing Options in the Control Panel.
Note: If Indexing Options isn’t available, change View by to Large icons at the top right of the Control Panel.
- Select the Modify button in the Indexing Options window.
- Use the arrow to the left of Local Disk (C:) to expand it and then uncheck Windows.
- Click OK to save the changes.
Still need help? Ask your computer question now.