Learn how to set Windows 7 to not add color to encrypted or compressed file or folder names in explorer.
Don’t Color Code Encrypted or Compressed Files or Folders
- Open the Control Panel from the Start menu.
- Open Folder Options in the Control Panel.
Note: If Folder Options is not available, change View by to Large icons at the top right of the Control Panel.
- Select the View tab in the Folder Options window.
- Uncheck Show encrypted or compressed NTFS files in color.
- Click OK to save the changes.
Still need help? Ask your computer question now.