Learn how to remove the properties from the documents icon context menu in Windows 7.
This policy setting hides the Properties menu command on the shortcut menu for the My Documents icon.
If you enable this policy setting, the Properties menu command will not be displayed when the user does any of the following:
- Right-clicks the My Documents icon.
- Clicks the My Documents icon, and then opens the File menu.
- Clicks the My Documents icon, and then presses ALT+ENTER.
If you disable or do not configure this policy setting, the Properties menu command is displayed.
Remove Properties from the Documents Icon Context Menu
- Type gpedit.msc in the Start menu’s search box and then press Enter.
Note: This guide shows you how to make changes to Windows 7 using Group Policy. Group Policy is not available in Home versions of Windows 7.
- Navigate to User Configuration, Administrative Templates, and then select Desktop in the left column of the Group Policy editor.
- Double-click Remove Properties from the Documents icon context menu in the Settings section of the Group Policy editor.
- Select Enable and then click OK to save the changes.
Still need help? Ask your computer question now.