Learn how to rename a computer in Windows 7.
How to Rename a Computer
- Click the Start Orb.
- Right-click Computer in the Start Menu.
- Select Properties from the menu.
- Click Change settings under Computer name, domain, and workgroup settings.
- Click Change in the Computer Name tab of the System Properties window.
- Type the new computer name under Computer name and then click OK.
- Click OK in the information window.
- Click the Close button in the Computer Name tab of the System Properties window.
- Click Restart Now.
After the computer reboots it will have the new name you just gave it.
Still need help? Ask your computer question now.
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.