Learn how to set Windows 7 to ask for the currently logged on user’s password when the computer wakes from sleep.
Set Windows 7 to Ask For Password When Woken
- Open the Control Panel in the Start menu.
- Open Power Options in the Control Panel.
Note: If Power Options is not available, change View by to Large icons at the top right of the Control Panel.
- Click Change plan settings next to the power plan you want to edit.
- Click Change advanced power settings.
- Click Change settings that are currently unavailable to unlock the advanced power settings.
- Set Require a password on wakeup under Balanced to Yes and then click OK to save the changes.
Still need help? Ask your computer question now.