Learn how to restore a Windows 7 computer from a previous restore point.
Revert Back to a Previous Restore Point
- Right-click Computer in the Start menu and select Properties.
- Click System protection in the left column of the System window.
- Click the System Restore button in the System Protection tab of the System Properties window.
- Click Next in the Restore system files and settings window.
- Select the restore point you want to use and then click Next.
- Review what restore point you’re about to apply and then click Finish.
- Click Yes in the pop-up window to start the restore.
- The restore will take place and then your computer will be restarted. You should see a window similar to the one below confirming a successful restore.
Still need help? Ask your computer question now.