Learn how to restore a file that has been backed up using Windows Backup and Restore to a previous version in Windows 7.
Note: Restoring a file or folder to a previous version will only work if Backup and Restore is set up and has backed up the file you’re trying to restore.
Restore a File to a Previous Version
- Navigate to the file in Windows Explorer.
- Right-click the file you want to restore to a previous version and then select Restore previous versions.
- Find the version of the file you want to restore in the File versions section, select it, and then click Restore.
- You’ll probably be asked if you want to copy and replace the current version of the file, don’t copy (the previous version will not be restored), or copy, but keep both files.
- Click Finished when it’s done.
Note: If you work with documents and want versions of them to be backed up hourly, check out my guide on setting Windows Complete PC Backup and Restore to back up your computer hourly.
Still need help? Ask your computer question now.