Learn how to restore backed up user names and passwords for network locations, certificate-based credentials, and website logons in Windows 7.
Restore Backed Up User Names and Passwords
- Open the Control Panel from the Start Menu.
- Open User Accounts in the Control Panel.
Note: If User Accounts is not available, change View by to Large icons at the top right of the Control Panel.
- Select Manage your credentials at the top of the left column in the User Accounts window.
- Select Restore vault in the Credential Manager window.
- Click Browse to find the backup file.
- Browse to the location of the backup file, select it, and then click Open.
- Click Next to restore the backup.
- Press CTRL + ALT + DELETE on your keyboard to start the process of restoring the backup file.
Note: Pressing CTRL + ALT + DELETE will enable a secure desktop that guarantees security.
- Type the password given to the backup file and then click Next.
- Click Finish and you’re done!
Still need help? Ask your computer question now.