Learn how to set Windows 7 to re-open folders that were open when you shut down the computer.
Let’s say you have a folder open and you reboot or shutdown Windows 7. When you enable Restore previous folder windows at logon that folder will re-appear when you log back in to Windows 7 just like you left it.
Restore Previous Folder Windows at Log On
- Open the Control Panel from the Start menu.
- Open Folder Options in the Control Panel.
Note: If Folder Options is not available, change View by to Large icons at the top right of the Control Panel.
- Select the View tab in the Folder Options window.
- Check off Restore previous folder windows at logon.
- Click OK to save the changes.
- Restart your computer.
Still need help? Ask your computer question now.