Learn how to roll back a driver to it’s previous version in Windows 7.
So you installed an updated driver for a device and now your computer is crashing or the device stops working. What to do now? A really helpful feature of Windows 7 is the ability to roll back a driver to it’s previous version.
Roll Back a Driver
- Right-click Computer in the Start Menu and then select Properties.
- Click Advanced system settings in the left column of the System window.
- Select the Hardware tab in the System Properties window.
- Click Device Manager in the Hardware tab of the System Properties window.
- Find and then double-click the device you want to roll back the driver in the Device Manager window.
- Select the Driver tab in the device’s properties window.
- Click Roll Back Driver.
Note: If the Roll Back Driver button is grayed out there are no previous version of that driver to roll back to.
- Click Yes if you’re very sure you want to roll back the driver.
Still need help? Ask your computer question now.