Learn how to schedule when Microsoft Security Essentials scans your computer for malware, the type of scan, if it should check for updates before scanning, and if it should only scan when the PC is idle.
Schedule A MSE Malware Scan
- Open Microsoft Security Essentials (MSE) by going to Start, All Programs, Microsoft Security Essentials, and then select Microsoft Security Essentials.
- Select the Settings tab in the MSE window.
- Make sure Run a scheduled scan on my computer is checked off.
- Set when MSE should scan your computer for malware (daily or every X day of the week).
- Set around what time MSE should scan your computer.
- Select the type of scan (quick or full).
- Decide if you want MSE to check for updates before it scans your computer (recommended).
- Decide if you only want MSE to scan your computer if it’s not being used.
- Click the Save changes button.
Still need help? Ask your computer question now.
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.