Learn how to set up Backup and Restore to only create a system image when backing up in Windows 7.
Set Backup and Restore to Only Backup System Images
- Open the Control Panel in the Start Menu.
- Open Backup and Restore in the Control Panel.
Note: If Backup and Restore is not available, change View by to Large Icons at the top right of the Control panel.
- Click Set up backup. If you’ve already set up Backup and Restore, click Change settings.
- Select where you want to save the backup.
Note: If you need more information on where you can save backups, check out my guide on setting up Backup and Restore.
- Select Let me choose and then click Next.
- Uncheck everything under Data Files and Computer but make sure Include a system image of drives is checked off. Click Next.
- Review the backup settings and then click Save settings and run backup.
- Backup and Restore will run saving only a system image.
Still need help? Ask your computer question now.