Learn how to set Backup and Restore to only backup your data files and settings in Windows 7.
Set Backup and Restore to Only Backup Data Files and Settings
- Open the Control Panel in the Start Menu.
- Open Backup and Restore in the Control Panel.
Note: If Backup and Restore is not available, change View by to Large icons at the top right of the Control Panel.
- Click Set up backup. If you’ve already set up Backup and Restore, click Change settings.
- Select where you want to store the backup and then click Next.
Note: If you need more information on where you can save backups, check out my guide on setting up Backup and Restore.
- Select Let me choose and then click Next.
- Check off everything under Data Files and uncheck everything else. Click Next.
- Review the backup settings and then click Save settings and run backup.
Still need help? Ask your computer question now.