Learn how to stop Internet Explorer from asking you if it should save passwords in Windows 7.
Stop IE from Asking to Save Passwords
- Open the Control Panel from the Start menu.
- Open Internet Options in the Control Panel.
Note: If Internet Options is not available, change View by to Large icons at the top right of the Control Panel.
- Select the Content tab in the Internet Properties window.
- Click the Settings button in the AutoComplete section.
- Uncheck Ask me before saving passwords and then click OK to save the settings.
Still need help? Ask your computer question now.