Learn how to set Internet Explorer to not play a sound when it blocks a pop-up in Windows 7.
Don’t Play Sound When Pop-up is Blocked
- Open the Control Panel from the Start menu.
- Open Internet Options in the Control Panel.
Note: If Internet Options is not available, change View by to Large icons at the top right of the Control Panel window.
- Select the Privacy tab at the top of the Internet Properties window.
- Click the Settings button in the Pop-up Blocker section of the Internet Properties window.
- Uncheck Play a sound when a pop-up is blocked.
- Click Close to save the changes.
Still need help? Ask your computer question now.