Learn how to make Windows 7’s search engine not treat similar words with diacritics as different words.
Set Windows Search to Not Treat Similar Words with Diacritics as Different Words
- Open the Control Panel from the Start menu.
- Open Indexing Options from the Control Panel.
Note: If Indexing Options isn’t available, change View by to Large icons at the top right of the Control Panel.
- Click the Advanced button in the Indexing Options window.
- Uncheck Treat similar words with diacritics as different words in the File Settings section of the Advanced Options window.
- The index will need to be re-built for the diacritic settings to take effect.
Click OK to re-build the search index.
- Click OK to save the settings.
Still need help? Ask your computer question now.