Learn how to set how often Windows Defender scans your computer in Windows 7.
Set Windows Defender Scan Frequency
- Open the Control Panel from the Start menu.
- Open Windows Defender in the Control Panel.
Note: If Windows Defender is not available, change View by to Large icons at the top right of the Control Panel.
- Select Tools at the top of the Windows Defender window.
- Select Options.
- Set the frequency to daily or a day of the week.
- You can also set the scan time and type of scan. Click Save to save the settings.
Still need help? Ask your computer question now.