Learn how to set Windows Defender to scan your computer at its scheduled time regardless if the system is idle or not.
Scan Regardless of Idle State
- Open the Control Panel from the Start menu.
- Open Windows Defender in the Control Panel.
Note: If Windows Defender is not available, change View by to Large icons.
- Click Tools at the top of the Windows Defender Window.
- Click Options in the Settings section of Windows Defender.
- Uncheck Run a scan only when system is idle and then click Save.
Still need help? Ask your computer question now.